- Gary Porpora
BIG HORNS EMBODY NFL INCONSISTENCY
NFL 2019 TNF WEEK FIVE
L.A. RAMS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS -1 49 [U]
The Eagles handed my ass to me on a stick after TNF concluded last week—if you’ll recall, The Gairzo thought the suddenly defensive minded Packers were going to blast the Eagles back to Philly—and cement their status as an NFC front runner.
Final score: Eagles 34 Packers 27
I’d still make the same call, folks. I wish I had answers as to why the Packer defense didn’t show up against the injury riddled, WR deficient, OL weak, Eagles.
Those kinds of weekly mysteries make NFL handicapping a real challenge, great fun, and exasperating as hell.
For this week’s game, I offer this link:
Two divisional rivals couldn’t be closer in overall efficiency and “quality” of on field performance—a relatively rare circumstance.
The trends give us a little more to hang onto:
· The Rams won both games vs the Seahawks last season, but Seattle covered the spread in each game.
· Since 2007, the Seahawks are 24-6-3 ATS in night games. This includes a 15-3-2 ATS run in home night games.
· The Rams are 12-2 SU in their last 14 games on the road.
· The total has gone UNDER in five of the Rams' last six games on the road. (Avg combined score: 41.0)
· The road team is 8-20 SU in the last 28 Thursday Night Football games.
· The total has gone OVER in 10 of the Seahawks' last 13 games. (Avg combined score: 51.46)
· The Rams are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games on the road vs the Seahawks.
Add to those juicy little nuggets, Russell Wilson—in eight TNF starts—has lost once, and Covered the Spread six times against two pushes.
Although Goff, in only three Thursday appearances, has put up some gaudy numbers—900 yards passing with 8 TDS against zero picks—his Rams have yet to Cover.
As always Aaron Donald can grab any game by the throat—just as Seattle’s home field crowd can wreak havoc on the enemy.
Thursday Night’s comfort factor for the home team, L.A.’s inconsistency, and the slight nod Pete Carroll earns as the better coach compels us to take the Gulls in a very close game—
Under the Number.
Seahawks 27 Rams 20